We are always pleased to hear from professional staff or from support staff who are seeking a rewarding career within a firm that has numerous opportunities for growth and development. Silks offers a collegiate and supportive working environment where work / life balance is a reality rather than a promise.
Applications for our current vacancies, or sent speculatively, should be made by CV with a covering letter to email@example.com .
Are you an experienced private client solicitor with drive and ambition to grow a team in a well-established, Lexcel accredited practice in Oldbury? Silks Solicitors is recruiting for a focused and diligent solicitor to lead and develop our Private Client Department.
The role will involve the supervision of a team of fee earners and responsibility for the long term strategic development of the department. The successful candidate will also be expected to be involved in managing clients’ inheritance and trust planning.
As the Head of the Private Client department you will:
- Have a minimum of five years post-qualification experience
- Hold a full STEP membership, SFE membership, membership of the Private Client Section of the Law Society or be willing to work towards them
- Ideally have experience of managing a team
- Have a thorough understanding of complex probate matters, including estate planning, the administration of trusts and power of attorney
- Experience of tax planning and a comprehensive understanding of financial services would be desirable
- Have experience of managing the strategy of a private client department, including marketing, setting and monitoring targets, managing budgets and agreeing fee structures
- Are fully conversant in all compliance issues that may affect the private client department
You may be an associate looking for the next step up or an existing department head looking for a change of environment.