Have you owned the leasehold interest in a house for longer than two years? If so, you may have the right to buy the freehold interest. So long as you meet the other qualifying criteria, you can exercise your ‘right of enfranchisement’.

You can exercise your right even if the freehold owner is missing.

Alternatively, you may wish to extend your current Lease. Again, subject to meeting qualifying criteria you will have the right to force the freehold owner to do this.

Either option will have an impact upon the valuation of your home, so it is well worth considering. Silks can help whichever route you decide to take. We have relationships with local valuation experts so we can also help you to obtain the initial information you will need to make a decision.

Please contact our conveyancing team to see how we can help you.